Sunday, May 14, 2017

English poetry created in Japan by non-Japanese

English poetry created in Japan by non-Japanese


1.
Imagination

Every night under the Moonlight
I go out
For recalling the memories
That we had together
That beautiful time
And I find myself alone and lonely

I don’t feel the joy
The joy of being alive
The joy of being cared for and loved
Carrying a small broken heart
Every night I go out under the Moonlight
Just to recall the memories

To fall for you was the easiest thing
The way you smiled
The way you loved little puppies
The kindness you carried
Melted my heart
And now
Everything has changed
You disappeared like lighting
Many times it strikes my Heart
Every night I go out under the Moonlight
Just to recall the memories 

24 February 2017, by Surendra Pokhrel


2. 
Mother Nature

Mother Nature don't be harsh.

I'm down and out,

Feel down beneath the ground.

Why now must I sustain your thunders,

a heart already trembling?



Stop your lightning bolts so hard.

I see my broken pieces.

Stop thundering now.

Old voices I remember.

But rain yet harder,

Wash my tears away.



Mother Nature don't be harsh.

I wish you'd take me with you.

Please don't remind me of

My memories, old and gone.

I am again now learning

How to live again.

26 February 2017, by Surendra Pokhrel 

3.
The first day I remember well,
The day when, woman, I saw you,
You wandering toward me with your friends.
So when a friend asked me my number then,
I knew that she was asking me for you.
I was nervous, so excited, shy.
I felt my heart grow numb.

Hey girl,
It would have been for me the better
If you hadn't taken dowm my number, too,
Though now the time back then is far long gone.
You started feelings strong, too strong, erupting out,
But then you chose soon not to care.

I was deep inside of you, it seemed,
So deep I missed a place inside your heart.
And missing that, you chose to care not for my love.

The memories, lady, hurt me still.
And I will let them hurt me more,
For memories now are all I have.
And when I let them go,
There's nothing that I'll find that's left for me,
Just a lump of flesh and gelatin,
A fine terrine that's spiced with grated hopes,
The vomit of a bitch in search of yet new prey.

22 May 2017, by Surendra Pokhrel

4.
The Child
The wind blows gently.
The sun shines calmly.
The rain rains slowly.
They don't give harm to her or him.
They bow in front of her or him.
She or he smiles always on their power.
They show their power.
She or he will give a smile of her or his,
And they become powerless.
Nature shines when she or he is smiling.
Nature's gloom's when she or he is crying.
She or he is nourished by nature,
Because she or he is a part of nature.
They love her or him.
She or he respects them,
She or he is a child,
Child of nature,
Respecting Nature
Respecting the Child. 


3 March 2017, by Nayan Jyoti Subedi


5
A triolet
 
The day is dark, at sun I stare.
My country's on its way to failing.
The land is empty, fields are bare.
The day is dark, at sun I stare;
And nature's calling us to care 
For youth that is in far lands wailing.
The day is dark, at sun I stare.
My country's on its way to failing. 

2 May 2017, by Nayan Jyoti Subedi 

No comments: